6 Things You Should Never Do To Your Roof
December 10, 2016 at 6:47 am
Did you know that you could be doing damage to your roof and potentially creating costly repairs for yourself by some of the things you do to your roof? Most homeowners don’t.
Even though you may have good intentions, you could be doing some serious damage to your roof if you do any of the following things:
- Installing a satellite dish:This means drilling bolts directly into your roof. Even if installed professionally, these holes create the potential for leaks.
- Installing a basketball hoop:In addition to drilling into your roof, you will also make your roof vulnerable. Each time the ball hits the net, it will vibrate, potentially causing seal breaks and other issues.
- Pulling up shingles:This is a common thing that homeowners do when looking for a leak. You could actually make things worse by doing this.
- Cutting holes in your roof:Whether you are installing solar panels, a skylight, roof vents, or doing anything else that involves cutting into your roof, seriously consider the potential that it could cause before moving forward.
- Power washing: Even though you may think you are doing a good thing by cleaning off dirt, you could also be stripping your shingles of the mineral granules that protect it from the heat and elements.
- Ignoring debris:It’s important to remove debris such as leaves and twigs from your roof to ensure they do not dam up, clog your gutters and impede how water should flow off your roof.
If you are concerned that you may have done some damage to your roof, give us a call to come out and take a look. Call us today to come to your home, take a look, and provide you with a free estimate.