What New Homeowners Should Know About The Roof
January 28, 2017 at 6:51 am
Are you planning to buy a home for the first time? There is a lot you need to know when exploring your home options. On the top of the list of things to look for in a new home is a good roof. Remember, the minute you take ownership of a new home, you take on all the responsibilities and issues that come along with your roof.
When considering your home options, here are some things that you should keep in mind:
- Age:The age of a roof will give you a good idea of the roof condition and when you should expect to have it replaced. Older roofs need more attention and should be inspected on a regular basis.
- History:Has the roof had any previous repairs? Are there any ongoing issues? Does the roof appear to have any roofing problems – if so, do they appear to be minor or major?
- Warranty:It’s important to understand whether or not the roof is currently under warranty. It’s also important to make sure the roof warranty is transferrable and you have all the necessary paperwork.
- Maintenance:Has the roof received regular maintenance? When was the last time the roof was inspected by a professional? Were there issues?
Here are some other things new homeowners need to understand about their roof:
- Your roof will not last forever and it will need to be replaced eventually
- You need to clean your gutters regularly
- Leaks do not always come from the most obvious sources
- DIY is not a good approach for roofing issues
If you are a new homeowner and you want to get your home inspected by professional or get a professional option, we can help. Call us today to come to your home, take a look, and provide you with a free estimate.