How to Inspect Your Roof
November 8, 2016 at 6:40 am
When was the last time that you inspected your roof? The truth is that most homeowner’s don’t give their roof much thought until a problem arises.
If you want to reduce the odds of a roofing issue developing, regularly taking a look to see what is going on up there can prevent a costly repair bill. Couple this with regular roof maintenance and inspections from a professional company and you will be to get the most out of your roof before a replacement become necessary.
When To Inspect Your Roof
There are a couple ideal times to inspect your roof. Here are 3 important times when you should inspect your residential roof:
- When the seasons change (In the fall and in the spring)
- After a big storm
- Anytime you suspect there may be an issue
Tips To Inspect Your Roof
Inspecting your roof is important. It allows you to identify potential issues that can then be address by a professional roofing company. Here are some tips when inspecting your roof:
- Perform a walk around of your home and look for visual signs of damage – make note of the areas that require a closer look
- Look for curled, damaged or missing shingles
- Look for areas with debris, leaves, and moss – they are common areas where leaks can develop
- Clean out your gutters and eaves, remove any large debris
- When on top of the roof check all flashing, weather stripping, and seams. Note any potential issues
- Head inside and take a look at the attic. Look for signs of water penetration
If you notice any issues, give us a call. We are happy to come out to your home and take a closer look at your roof. Call us today to come to your home, take a look, and provide you with a free estimate.