Common Sources of Residential Roofing Issues
By C Plus Roofing
May 5, 2016 at 10:17 am
Part of being a homeowner is being educated about the various home maintenance and repair needs of your home. You need to have knowledge of the things you need to take care of regular to ensure you get the most out of your home, keep it in good shape, and maintain its value. One of the most important things you need to keep tabs on is the state of your roof.
Your roof is one of the most important elements of your home. It protects other structures in your home and if you have a roofing issue, it can lead to many other potential issues. For this reason alone you need to be proactive and inspect your roof on a regular basis to look out common roofing issues. If you are not comfortable or able to inspect your roof, have it looked at by a professional
Common Sources of Roofing Issues
Some of the most common residential roofing issues include the following:
- Damaged shingles: This is one of the most common sources of roofing issues. If you noticed cracks, damage, or peeling shingles, it’s time to get your roof inspected by a professional.
- Issues with the roof valleys: This is the area where two roof planes intersect with each other. Anywhere where two types of materials come together and create a seam creates the possibility for issues. When checking your roof, always pay careful attention to these areas.
- Chimneys: Chimneys are a common source for water leaks and damage. This is why it’s so important to have your chimney inspected regularly. Get it inspected when you have it cleaned annually.
- Vent flashings:Vents are another common source of water damage. Seals around the vent can wear our and other issues with the vent can arise.
- Ice dam leaks:During the winter, ice dam leaks can happen even when your roof is completely normal. As we have previously stated before, “Ice dams block the natural flow of water down a roof through the eaves. The water begins to back up under flashings, shingles, tar paper, and other areas. Once water begins to flow into the house, it can drip for days and cause significant water damage.”
- Eaves troughs:A final common source of roofing issues are clogged eaves troughs. When leaves and other debris prevent eaves from working properly, water can drain improperly, potentially finding ways to get into your roof.
Contact Us For All Your Residential Roofing Needs
If you would like to learn more about residential roof maintenance or want to book a services appointment, please don’t hesitate to contact us. Hiring a professional roofing company for repairs and maintenance now can save you more money than you realize. Book your appointment today!