7 Signs Your Home’s Roof Needs Replacement
March 15, 2016 at 5:07 am
When was the last time you took a good look at your roof? If you are like most homeowners, it probably wasn’t recently. Most of us have a tendency to not pay attention to things until something goes wrong with them, and since your roof is something you seldom see, let alone think about, you could need a roof replacement without even knowing it.
All homeowners know that you will have to replace your roof eventually. However, since every roof is different, and factors such as age, maintenance, roofing materials all play a factor in when your roof may need to be replaced. Some roofs last for 10 year, others last for 20, and most fall somewhere in between.
The important thing to keep in mind is that paying attention to your roof and replacing it at the right time can save you money, and it can reduce the odds of you having a significant problem develop. With this being said, here are 7 signs that your homes roof needs to be replaced:
- Damaged shingles: One look at your shingles is often enough to determine whether or not your roof needs to be replaced, let alone inspected by a roofing professional. If you see torn, cracked, damaged or missing shingles, it’s a good sign it’s time to get a quote for a roof replacement.
- Water damage: Water damage and leaks is a sure-fire sign that it’s time to get your roof replaced. It’s a sign that your roofing materials have worn out and water now has a way to get into your house.
- Light is showing through roof: If you can see outside light through your roof, then you have a problem. This means that the shingles and materials have worn away, and your roof is in a compromising situation. Address this situation immediately before a bigger problem develops.
- Sagging: Another sign that it’s time to replace your roof is that you will be able to see areas that sagging. They appear as soft spots, and they may even look like a different colour. This is also a common sign of water damage in that particular area.
- Loose roofing materials: Loose roofing materials, especially around your chimney, skylights, and vents are a sign that it’s time for an upgrade. It’s important to not only inspect the eaves, but also the fascia, shingles and all other roof components when doing an inspection.
- Issues with drainage: If water cannot effective be drained off your roof, it will cause issues. Make sure that all gutters and downspouts are working properly and securely attached to the roof. It recommended that you clean your gutters at least twice per year.
- Mold: If you notice mold, moisture or rotted areas, then it’s definitely time to invest in a roof replacement.
If you notice one or more of these issues, then you should call a roofing professional to come out an asses your roof. Call C Plus Roofing anytime and we’d be happy to come out and take a look and provide you with a free estimate.