7 Important Questions To Ask A Home Inspector About Roofs
By C Plus Roofing
February 2, 2017 at 6:56 am
If you are in the market for a new home, it’s important to perform your due diligence once you find the home you’ve been looking for. This means hiring a home inspector to look through your next potential home and ensure it is sound. Hiring a home inspector is not a formality of the purchase process, it is an opportunity for you to make sure you are making a good investment and will not be surprise with issue with the house once you move in.
Questions To Ask A Home Inspector About Roofs
Part of this inspection will involve the roof. While we all want to move into a home with a new roof, this is not always the case. Homes and roofs come in all shapes, sizes, and ages. Therefore, it is important to ask your home inspector some of the following questions as it pertain to the roof of the home you are considering:
- How many years do you estimate I can get out of the roof?
- Does it look like the homeowners performed regular maintenance?
- Are there any major issues with the roof?
- What can I do now (If the home is purchased) to get more years out of the roof?
- Are there any areas of the roof I should keep an eye on more closely?
- Are there any things related to the roof that need to be addressed (eaves, downspouts, etc.)?
- Is it a good idea to have a professional roofing company perform an inspection?
Even after a home inspection you are still concerned about the roof of a home you are thinking about purchasing, give us a call. We are happy to come out and inspect the roof. Call us today to come to your home, take a look, and provide you with a free estimate.